Many thanks to Angela Barton who passed the “five facts” baton to me. What’s this? Well, writers are sharing five facts about a character from their work in progress. These aren’t necessarily facts you’d learn from the book but may form part of the back story which, as the creators, only the authors know about. You can read about Angela’s five facts here. And here are mine from The Knife Thrower’s Assistant.
- My main character is Aurelia Miele who lives in a southern Italian village.
- The story begins just before WW2 when Aurelia is 12 years old.
- She has a scar on her foot from when her mother dropped a knife on it when she was only three years old.
- Aurelia loves to pick olives from the trees surrounding the village and this gets her into trouble.
- She is frightened of horses but loves birds.
So many people have been tagged in this game already, I am having difficulty thinking of five others who haven’t so I’m going to ask anyone who would like to take part to please do so and leave a link in the comments so I can read what you have to say. I’m sure they’ll be much more interesting than mine!