*8 Reasons Why I’m Angry
It’s been a funny few weeks, hasn’t it? I don’t really know where to start, so I’m going to make a list of ALL the things that have got my dander up recently.
- Syrian refugees have been crossing the Med in their thousands and only when the shocking picture of a wee lad lying dead on a beach is shared around social media do governments decide to do something about it.
- We have a proper socialist leader of the Labour party for the first time in years and within 48 hours of his landslide victory he’s called a threat to national security and blamed for the right wing media devoting their front pages to him not singing the national anthem rather than criticising the tax credit cuts the TORIES made law on the same day. As if they wouldn’t have found something else to slap across the front pages had Jeremy not keep to his principles and kept his mouth shut.
- And while we’re on the topic, don’t start me on God Save The Queen. To hell with the Queen. God save the homeless, the hungry, the sick, the uneducated, the old and the vulnerable. These are the things we should be getting angry about.
- While I have nothing personally against QE2, I am totally against the institution and fail to see why we should celebrate a rich old woman for living a life of pampered luxury longer than her ancestors.
- Still on Corbyn, one can swear allegiance to the crown because they are still the head of state while wishing for a different institution to take the place of the monarchy.
- A Facebook friend shared a video of a wee girl putting a cat in a pram and shoving a pacifier in its mouth with the words – “She’ll make a great mother some day.” Why not she’ll make a great vet, or doctor or some other non-gender specific example from the caring profession?
- My new meds have eased the fibro pain – huzzah! My new meds have made me exhausted – boo! So now I have to decide do I do nothing because I’m too tired or in too much pain to move?
But…I have made it down to the bench above the beach twice recently and enjoyed beautiful sunsets. Today, I was determined to actually get to the sand and do a bit of beach combing for additions to my Cabinet of Curiosities (that’s a separate blog post). I point out things I like and George picks them up for me and finds stuff he thinks I’d like too. Today we found crab shells and claws, bones, sea glass, perfect sea shells, imperfect sea shells, bits of broken pottery and a stone shaped like a heart. I pushed myself, really pushed myself, to get to the end of the small beach where seals were sunning themselves only 50 yards away, a greenfinch was hopping amongst the seaweed, and gulls and wagtails swooped and swooshed overhead. On the way back I had to sit on the bench for 15 minutes before I had the energy to walk the rest of the way home. My back is killing me, I am exhausted, but I am soothed. What? If you think this is me angry you should have heard me BEFORE I went to the beach.
Anyway, that’s a bit off my chest now. I’m away to wrap a serape around my shoulders and cuddle my poodle.
*This list is not exhaustive and I reserve the right to add to it on a daily basis.